Shivalik College of Engineering is constituent under the Rijan Educational Society and down its timeline has become the most preferred destination for engineering students across India. Engineering programs offered at SCE are approved by AICTE, Ministry of HRD, Govt. of India, New Delhi.
The institution incubates & promotes creativity, innovation through entrepreneurship. The students encouraged and given opportunity to get involved in research efforts. There is a value added courses offered by each department which is intended to provide advanced information about latest technology. Beside this, institute takes conscious efforts to take initiatives for energy conservation and renewable energy usage in the college campus. Solar panels are used in the hostel and the college campus. The institute has lush green eco-friendly campus spread over 18 acres.
The institution has 500 KW Solar Power Plant installed on the roof top of the building and is connected to grid. The 500 KW solar power generation executed between the institute and Uttarakhand Power Corporation Ltd. The solar power plant is installed as a green and renewable energy practice. The solar power plant also wheeling to give power back to the grid.
The solar water heaters also installed on the roof top of the girl and boys hostels to provide the warm water. The solar water heater helps to reduce the use of commercial energy sources and take the institute to the green and renewable energy practices. The institute also includes successive use of the LED and LCD bulbs around the campus. The classrooms, labs, office areas, hostels and the walkways are lined with trees and LED bulbs.
Silent features of institute:
- The student NSS and NCC wing is active in order to imbibe strong Social values in our students.
- The NCC unit of the institute was recognised by NCC Directorate. Presented by Hon’ble Chief Minister of Uttarakhand Shri Trivendra Singh Rawat.
- The institute was awarded with Best Engineering College in Industrial Interface by Divya Himgiri and Uttarakhand Technical University, Education Excellence Award in 2019.
- The institute was awarded with Best Engineering Institute for Academic Excellence in 2015 by CMAI, AICTE and UTU. Award was received from Shri Harish Rawat.
- The institute received Best Industry Interface Award in 2013 and Prof. (Dr.) O.N Malhotra received the award from Prof. Durg Singh Chauhan.
- The institute becomes first college in Northern India to establish Robotics lab in collaboration with IIT Mumbai.
- Shivalik College become first college in Northern India to link a MoU with IBM to establish in Cloud Computing.
- The institute has MOU with DELL as a DELL EMC Centre of Academic excellence in which Data Science and Big data Analysis facilities provided.
- The institute has Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam Learning Resource Centre dedicated to the Former President of India. The center was inaugurated by Shri Harish Rawat.
- Entrepreneurship Development Centre. In Associated With NIESBUD (Ministry of Skill Development, Govt. of India).
- Made students readily acceptable to the corporate world and promote entrepreneurship.
- Disciplinary Committee to look into the in disciplinary Acts & Ragging.
- The institute takes conscious efforts to create awareness about energy conservation and renewable energy usage among students. Solar panels are used in the hostel and the college campus.
- Institute is friendly for Differently Abled.
- Various Social events carried out for enrichment of students.
- Mentor-Mentee system has developed systematic road map for improving the different aspects of personality developments, Communication Skill, Presentation Skill, Team Work, leadership qualities, etc. and makes them ready to face the challenges in industry.
- Institute provided students prerequisite training for building and developing competencies for the placement.